Front-end Developer (TypeScript, React)
With offices in New York, London and Brussels (HQ) Trusted Family is the leading online governance platform and mobile app for family businesses, family offices and boards. The company was founded 10 years ago by two next generation members from Belgian Business Families.
The platform is now used by many of the world’s leading family businesses and family offices.
Younited SA is revamping its product lineup and your responsibilities will be in aiding our new green field projects, which we expect to go to market in 2022.
As an experienced front end developer you will join our team of other developers in implementing our new products.
As the daily task you will implement UI and UX flows based on written requirements and mockups. This includes the user interactions and the API communications. You will help review the code of your colleagues and help flesh out the requirements where needed.
You will help decide the upcoming roadmap by giving your rough estimates and advise for future development
- Although we collaborate closely within our team, you can also work independently and efficiently.
- You’re not afraid to commit yourself to goals we set together.
- You pride yourself in delivering quality work and know that perfect is the enemy of good.
- We like radical honesty when the message is delivered politely.
- You love giving and receiving feedback in order to grow yourself and our company.
- You will be co-responsible for the majority of frontend work
- You will maintain a consistent design system
- You keep an eye on frontend performance and optimizations
- You know the need to refactor when you see it
- Experience with React or similar
- HTML and CSS is well understood
- Experience with consuming API’s, especially GraphQL
- Experience with test driven development and behaviour driven development
- Able to use a Mac or Linux based work station, being comfortable with the command line
- Know how to use GIT and Github
- Know how to use issue tracking tools like Jira
- Great communication skills in English (writing/speaking)
- Can work as part of a remote team
- Overlap with Brussels timezone at least 4-5 hours each workday. We like asynchronous work but also believe occasional synchronous meetings have their benefits
- Experience with animating the UI (via css animations, transitions or JS springs)
- Experience with Relay
- Experience with Webpack, Packer or similar
- Some design knowledge
We like to be very diligent in our hiring process and take the time to get to know each other as good as possible. The better we do this, the higher the chance we will both enjoy working together.
- Send your application letter and CV through our job board at https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/companies/trusted-family
- If you make the first selection we will schedule a first phone screen
- If we feel there’s a potential fit we’ll provide you with a test
- A second interview will be conducted if the test is successful
- An offer will be made